By using our Services, you are agreeing to the collection and use of your personal information as described in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, do not use our Services. If you continue to use the Services, you express that you accept this Policy.
• 1. Who are we?
• 2. How do we collect information from you?
• 3. How do we use your information?
• 4. Who has access to your information?
• 5. How do we store and protect your information?
• 6. How you can access and update your information
• 7. Your choices with respect to your information
• 8. Privacy of individuals under 16.
• 9. Links to other websites and services
• 10. Browser do not Track
• 11. Cross Border Transfer
• 12. Contact us
1. Who are we?
Chordant is passionate about innovation and a standards-based approach that stimulates thriving global ecosystems. Solutions powered by the Chordant platform address the fundamental challenges in Smart City deployments. Chordant manages oneTRANSPORT, a data marketplace service that enables collaborative intelligent transport and smart city services. We are a private limited company registered under company number 11663632, which is located at 64 Great Eastern Street, London EC2A 3QR, England. For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation, we are a controller of your personal data.
2. How do we collect information from you?
When you use the Services, we collect information in three ways:
i. information you provide to us – for example, when you open a user account or use the “contact us” form on the website
ii. information we collect about you from your usage of the Services, using “cookies” and other technologies to assess how you use our Services; and
iii. information we receive from third parties– e.g., third-party analytics providers.
Below we explain each of these ways in more detail:
i. Information you provide to us:
When you use our Services, we collect information that you choose to share with us.
Use of our Website without an Account: You do not need to create an account to browse our website. When you use the website, even without creating an account, we still collect from you some of the information described in the “Information we collect when you use the Services” section.
• User account: To use the majority of our Services, you need to set up a user account. We may collect and store the information you provide when setting up your account including: your name, email address, work phone number and address, name of entity on behalf of which you are using the Services (if any), and your work title.
• Communications with us and our technical support team: If you contact technical support for assistance with the Services, or if you send us messages, or suggestions, or communicate with us in any other way, we will collect and store the information you provide including your name and contact information, the time of such communication and the content of your communications.
• Payment information: To make payments to us, you will need to provide billing information, such as a name, address, email address, and if you have opted to make payments electronically, payment card information. The processing of online payments is done by a third party, Worldpay Limited. We do not have access to your payment card information or other information you provide to facilitate electronic payments.
ii. Information we collect when you use the Services:
Each time you use our website, we may automatically collect the following types of information:
• Information with respect to your Content: We monitor the volume and nature (e.g., static vs. real-time) of Content uploaded, the number of uploads, and the number of downloads
• Log file information: We collect log file information that your browser or device automatically reports each time you interact with the Services. This information includes:
• when you first access our Services, and when you return;
• device information, such as hardware settings, web browser type, and language;
• IP address;
• identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser;
• times you access pages;
• pages you view, searches you submit; and
• pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
• Information from cookies and other technologies:
What are cookies?
Cookies are small amounts of data that are sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer or device.
We and our third party providers use both session cookies (that expire once you close your web browser), and persistent cookies (that stay on the device for a set period of time or until you delete them).
The cookies we use:
We use the following cookies for the purposes described below:
Strictly necessary: These cookies are required for making use of the Services. These cookies include security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from unauthorized parties, as well as session cookies that remember your log-in session so you can move easily within the Services.
Functionality: These cookies record some of your activity on the Services, as well as information about your device, such as what pages you access, and what browser you are running. This information helps us and our third party service providers diagnose server and software errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
iii. Information we receive from third parties:
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics may set cookies on your browser or mobile device or read cookies that are already there to collect information. Google Analytics may also receive information about you from apps you have downloaded that partner with Google. Google Analytics collects information such as how often you use the Services and how you use the Services. We use information provided by Google Analytics to improve the Services. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. For more information regarding how Google collects, uses, and shares your information please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
3. How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect about you in order to provide and improve our Services and to provide you with features that interest and work well for you. Some of the ways that we use your information include to:
• facilitate the use of the Services (uploading and downloading content, content purchases, etc.);
• provide technical support for using the Services;
• develop new products and services, and improving them and your experience with them;
• seek your views or comments on the Services we provide;
• notify you of changes to our Services;
• communicate with you about the Services by email, for example to respond to your technical support inquiries or, if you choose this option, to send you information about our products or services, or the products and services of our authorized partners and affiliates, and new offers that we think may interest you;
• monitor and analyze trends and usage, including generating aggregate statistical studies and conducting research which may be used in marketing our services to you or to third parties;
• enhance the safety and security of our Services;
• verify your identity or prevent or detect fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity;
• use information we collect from cookies and other technologies to enhance the Services and your experience with them; and
• enforce this Policy, the Terms and Conditions, and any other terms that you have agreed to, including protecting the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or any other person, or the copyright-protected content of the Services.
Additionally by using the Services you agree that we may analyze your personal information and any content you upload to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you and suggestions of services which may be of interest.
4. Who has access to your information?
Except as expressly set out in Policy or our Terms and Conditions service.oneTRANSPORT.io/terms-of-use, we do not share, sell, or lease personal information about you to any third-parties for their marketing use.
We may share information collected about you in the following ways:
With Service Providers: We share information about you with service providers to perform functions and process your data, and to help provide our Services including hosting and storage providers or email service providers as well as payments processing.
With Analytics Service Providers: For analytics, we use Google Analytics, to improve the Services. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personal information. For further information about Google Analytics, please see above
With Third Parties for Legal Reasons: We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
• comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation;
• investigate, remedy, or enforce potential violations of our Terms and Conditions or this Policy;
• protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or
• detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
With Third Parties as Part of an Acquisition or Liquidation: If we are involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, corporate divestiture, reorganization, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, or if we undergo liquidation or bankruptcy proceedings, we may share your information in connection with such transaction or proceeding before and/or after the transaction closes or the proceedings are completed.
Aggregate Information: We may also share with third parties aggregated or de-identified information, and we do not limit our third-party providers from using, selling, licensing, distributing, or disclosing de-identified data.
5. How do we store and protect your information?
We take reasonable precautions to protect your information. For example, all information entered into the Services is transferred over https protocols, and all personal information stored by us or for us is kept on servers hosted by providers we selected with care. We limit access to personal information only to employees, our partners and any sub-contractors that need the information to perform a specific service.
Although we maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized or inappropriate access please remember that the internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication, and we cannot guarantee that your personal information will always remain private when you use the Services. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
6. How you can access and update your information
If you need to access, update, or delete personal information that we may have, you can do so by accessing your user account on the Services or by sending us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy, before we give you access or let you update your information, we may ask you to verify your identity, or provide additional information.
Data protection legislation, gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with data protection legislation. Any access request, submitted before 25 May 2018, may be subject to a fee.
We will disclose the fee before we comply with your request. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful.
If you ask to delete your account, we will remove any Content you have uploaded and will also delete your personal information. We will retain certain information about you as, and for as long as, may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or protect our rights; we will then delete it.
7. Your choices with respect to your information
Emails: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We will retain your email address in order to be able to abide by your opt out choice. We make efforts to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of Service-related communications. If you have any questions, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
Analytics: You can control the information provided to Google and opt out of certain ads provided by Google by using any of the methods set forth at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or using the Google Analytics opt out browser add-on at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Cookies and other technologies: Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Turning off your browser’s cookies will also prevent web beacons from tracking your specific activity. The web beacon may still record an anonymous visit from your IP address, but unique information will not be recorded.
If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, which may affect your ability to view images in other emails that you receive. To find out how to see what cookies have been set, and how to reject and delete the cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org.
You can, in certain circumstances request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing and a copy of your personal data a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit it to another controller.
8. Privacy of individuals under 16.
Use of the Services is limited to individuals aged 18 years and up. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 16. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about someone under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Links to other websites and services
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or services linked to or from our website, including the information or content contained in such websites or services, and this Policy does not apply to them. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our website, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. Please read the terms of such websites carefully and exercise care when providing your personal information.
10. Browser do not Track
Our Services do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”) at this time. DNT is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites. For more details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
11. Cross Border Transfer
We transfer, process, and store information about you on servers located in the United States. Therefore, your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed staff who work for us, or for one of our service providers in the United States or Canada, whose data protection, privacy, and other laws may not provide the same level of protection as those in your country of residence. For example, government entities in the United States and other countries may have certain rights to access your personal information. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
12. Contact us
If you have any questions, and requests about this Policy, the Services or our data protection please contact us at: email@example.com or alternatively at:
Chordant Europe Ltd
64 Great Eastern Street, Shoreditch, London EC2A 3QR
Attn: oneTRANSPORT Manager
If you are concerned that we have breached a privacy law or code binding on us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will aim to respond promptly (normally within 30 days).
You have the right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe we do have not handled your request in an appropriate manner. For information on contacting the ICO please see their website.
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time, in our sole discretion. When we make changes we deem material, we will provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., through the Services, or by sending you an email. In some cases, we will notify you in advance of the changes taking effect. Your continued use of any of the Services after the changes have been made will constitute your acceptance of the changes. Please therefore make sure you read any such notice carefully.
If you do not wish to continue using the Services under a new version of the Policy, please cease using the Services and terminate your Account in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.